Re: (OT) Car thieves// shrieking pain

In a message dated 3/16/01 2:43:25 PM Eastern Standard Time, vwnuts@yahoo.com
writes:

<< This reminds me, a friend that works at a stereo shop
 has these things called pain inducers.  When the alarm
 is activated the create this hight pitch sound that
 gives you and instant headache.  He said he couldn't
 stand to even be in the car.  Anyone out there use
 these.  If I remember these were pretty cheap too.

  Haven't installed one, but after sitting in an instructors car to see if it
really lived up to his claims (feh, he's old, I'm young and should be imune
from all the loud concerts and jet noise; read as near deaf!). With the
window rolled down to simulate break in (should minimize the noise too,
right...), I open the door tripping the alarm and sit in the driver's seat.
In less than five seconds I was stumbling out the door I wanted away from it
so bad! Sharp, bad pain in ears, must get away! I was left with a light
ringing for a short bit, and no permanent damage. When I get an alarm, it
will have one of these.
  Now imagine the added effect of shock when they don't know it's in there.

Carl( huh? what?)
77rocco
89fox