Re: Dirty intake manifold

In a message dated 3/12/01 7:01:20 AM Pacific Standard Time, kd5ceu@juno.com
writes:

Howdy to all on the list. I'm currently swapping out the original 1.6L
motor for a 1.8L JH motor. After pulling off the intake manifold from the
1.6L, I noticed a lot of crud where the manifold meets the head. Is this
normal? What could be causing this? Age possibly? Thanx...

If the crap is in the runners, it's because of your crankcase vent. If the
crap is on top of the manifold, then it's because of a leaky valve cover
gasket.

Mike
http://www.geocities.com/vwmikel - trust me, a replacement is on the way!
'84-Arkay Turbo Rabbit GTI
'84-Rabbit GTI - future DCI drag car
'77-Rabbit - project
'80-Scirocco S - (um... to be:1.9L crossflow, turbo, 6 speed, widebody?)