Re: Cheapass mirror surface replacement

Sorry, I wiped the original post. Ron, I would be challenging for
cheapassedness on this one. Did all three of mine for $4.00 (Cdn, so about
2.75 US) including the adhesive. Went to the glass shop and got a chunk of
mirror and cut and ground it myself. Anyone who does (did) stained glass could
do likewise. (one of my many obscure talents) There is a lot of gum on the
back of the old mirror if you do remove it, so use some of that sticker goo
remover and wipe it down with rubbing alcohol to degrease it. You should use a
silicon that does not eat through the silver on the mirror, and a glass shop
would have this. I mooched some when I bought the mirror. I must confess that
I broke the contacts for the heater too, but not a concern in a summer only
car. Painted some nasty rust in there while I was at it. My family wanted me
to customize the mirrors with some etched comment about Hondas, but I resisted
the urge...