Re: Getting new side mirror surfaces??

> You can order mirrors that perfectly matches
> the stock form from any good autoglass shop.
> You simply glue it over the old mirror and looks
> as good as new. If you have heated mirrors, they'll still
> work (based on my experience with my Mk2).

  i've heard they won't work with heated mirrors. that's great if they
do. less work involved. my local mirror place can make me new mirrors
for $10 each. if you pull one off, there are two aluminum pieces on the
back that are used to heat the mirrors. should be easy to make new ones
if you want to go the whole nine yards. fwiw, when i took the electical
connections off two mirrors that i had lying around, i ended up braking
the tabs that are used to heat the mirror.

--
 /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)
< o o >	  http://foxx.tripod.com