Re: not pulling to redline

In a message dated 3/7/2001 7:22:26 PM Eastern Standard Time,
rocco_16v@hotmail.com writes:

<< My '87 16v does not pull to redline? it gets as far as +/- 5400 RPM's. I
 have a 4k trannny in it. Will the power module fix this? >>

You have a mechanical problem somewhere that needs to be fixed.  The 16v will
pull to red line in every gear, well at least to fourth , don't know if it
will do it in fifth because i've never had the balls to try it. But if in
first gear all yo can get to is 5400rpm then there is a big problem. What?
hmmm, maybe your timing is off, maybe a melted catalytic converter, maybe
fuel delivery problem, mixture not right.  I bet the Cat is melted that would
be my guess. Good luck

Brian 86 16v
<http://www.geocities.com/vwrocco16v/>

<http://hometown.aol.com/captnbr/myhomepage/auto.html>