Rear Discs installed- Mk1

Hello all,
Well, Mars got a new pair of shoes...er...um...pads and rotors Sunday.
:^)))))))))

Installed 16V rear axle beam, rebuilt calipers.
New:  Cross-drilled Zimmermans, wheel bearings, Mintex redbox pads,
steel-braid lines, e-brake cables, poly axle beam bushings, ATE Blue fluid.

Fronts are: (transferred from my old Cosmos in 1999)
10.1 cross-drilled Powerstops, Repco Metalmasters, rebuilt calipers,
steel-braided lines.

NOTE: the poly bushings did not come with instructions...so...DON'T LOSE OR
THROW AWAY THE 4 WASHERS THAT ARE IN THE KIT...they are used to space the
mount bracket away from the axle beam so that it lines up with the studs in
the body. LOL Almost kept us from installing the axle back on the car.

Thanks to Craig Williams for the garage space, wrenching and wonderful
dinner afterwards.
Thanks to Mike and Kristen at Virtual World for the high Quality parts.
Thanks to David at Wasser Sport for the caliper rebuild kit. (your
next....:-) )

Seems to work perfectly and have noticed  the backend squats a little more
during braking.

Weird thing though...
1.)	When Craig removed the MS so that we could put on a 20mm, we noticed
that the one he pulled off had a 20 stamped on the outside of it, (not a V
shaped MS either) Didn't the 81 Scirocco come with a 19mm?
2.)	Using the stock MS (?) booster and proportioning box (sits under the
MS) I had no lock up in the rear even when fronts locked up IN THE RAIN,
weird...

Needless to say we put the old one back on and bled the brakes.
The pedal goes a little further to the floor before hard braking (than it
did before) but will lock up the fronts with hard enough pressure.
(I had 10.1's/drums before the conversion)
I am now considering the 22mm MS so that the pedal travels less before
engagement.
(Does this sound logical?)
The stock Booster seems to be fine so I'll probably keep it for now. (don't
need very hard foot pressure to lock up fronts).

HTH, I just love working on the Scirocco's, it's like a religious
experience.

Randy B
81 (Mars) Scirocco S - Techtonics Tuning 1847cc 8V
81 (Cosmos) Scirocco S - future Oettinger 16V project
87 Jetta GLI 16V - daily driver