Re: 85 vs. 84 & parts swapping?

--- Steven Mikolajczuk <mikolajczuk@mediaone.net> wrote:
> I have an 85 wolfsburg that is in need of some attention.
>  I found an 84 for
> sale in the paper for what looks to be a decent price.
> My question is, are
> the parts interchangable between the two.  Mainly engine
> parts, gas tank,
> and seats/interior?  I can never turn down a good deal
> for a parts car.
>
> Thanks,
> Steve

Seats / Interior and engine parts between the '84 & '85
will swap just fine for the most part.  The fuel tank may
or may not - check the spare tire size.  If it's a full
size spare, the tank is the smaller unit that won't fit the
'85.

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'80 Scirocco S,
'82 Pickup
'85 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco 16v
'91 Passat
"I am who I am. What else could I be?" - Lara Fabian