Re: scirocco-L-digest V1 #1696

RE;  S. coleman's stalling and running problems.

I guess Techron is just associated, but not a cause of the poor running.
I'd suspect electrical things first, such as bad coil, plug wires.  The
litany can go on, some of the stuff its good to ahve done to rule out
other things.  Poor running in rain/when its hot is clue.

RE: marking front struts to save realignment.

Dot works on the head of the top bolt, but I've found using chisel to
make "line" on ridge of upright is easier to spot.  I'm just cheap-ass,
but alignment on A1s is not mystical or hard, high school geometry and a
tape measure can do satisfactory job.  If you really mess up camber, it'll
change toe and that will be reflected by on-center position of steering
wheel.

HTH,

-- Brian D./OH
How can you be in two places at once when you're not anywhere at all...
Firesign Theatre