Air Care and NOx

For the British Columbia listers.

Had the '82 Scirocco air-cared the other day and (despite the fact the the NOx emissions were lower than they have been since I owned the car) failed the NOx test because the Max has been dropped by quite a bit.  (I will dig up the specifics after I get the car back from a tune-up).  Since I failed by a very narrow margin I hope that a good tune-up (and timing - sat in line for 45 minutes last time) will get me through.  All this might lead to a forced installation of a Cat converter if I can't get the emission rate in line.

Anyone in BC been through this and been able to resolve the problem without having to go to a converter?

John

Do You Yahoo!?