Re: [OT] WTF is up with Velocity?

Before I begin, let me state that I was involved in counter, web, and
mail order sales of auto parts for several years.

I'm currently involved in a project with a 1988 Jetta GL that will be
receiving a cross flow 2.0 from a 1994 Golf.  I ordered a 266 cam and
Borla muffler from Collin at TT.  The packages came in a reasonable
amount of time considering California to North Carolina shipping.  I
orderd a short shift from ABD...again without hassle.  Before I ordered
ANY of the Items from above, I ordered plug wires and a mount insert from
Velocity and I'm still waiting.

Excuse #1:  I don't know what happened, I'll get that out today and you
should see it next Friday.
Me: O.K.

Excuse #2:  That should have gone out.  We have it in stock.
Me:  Well, I really need them by Wednesday.
Excuse #2 cont:  That's no problem.  We'll express it for no charge.
Me: O.k. Thanks.

Excuse #3 (today...two days after it should have been here):  Neuspeed
held our shipment.  We should get it today.
Me: I was assured that I would have it by Wednesday.
Excuse #3 cont: I'll send it out today for Saturday delivery.  No extra
charge.
Me: O.K.?

I wouldn't be writing this if it were my first bout with Velocity.
Months ago, many may remember, I checked on a group buy for their
lightened flywheels.  Not enough intrest was shown, so it went the way of
the dinosaur.  A friend of mine then decided to buy one at regular cost
for his fresh 2.0 16v.  It took 7 weeks for him to get it.  I know, I
know, "That was due to their machine shop." but DAMN!

I'll take a breath and a pill, I just needed to vent.

Eric
Good, bad...I'm the guy with the gun!
http://www.geocities.com/blitzkrieg16v/
request VW parts at