Re: scirocco-L-digest V1 #1693

RE: Upshift indicator

You can merely remove the relay that actuates the arrow.  I been thinking
that when I get caught up and bored, that I would figure way to run the
knock sensor light output that shows up in the 16V Bently manual via some
kind of buffer/driver to the upshift light to show me when the knock
sensor is retarding the timing.  Kinda like running your radar detector
into it.  But, this will not happen in foreseable future, so some other
lister feel free to run with it.

RE:  comment on lacking manifold stove

Depending on the brand/weight/condition of your motor oil, there are
anitwear additives that only become active when they get warm.  On bro's
89 GTi, the welded up OEM was easily replaced with a later and much
cheaper Golf stove.  Had to think about it and drill some new mounting holes.

RE:  Automatic tranny Golf drive shafts.

One of the axles on friend's 87 had some kind of vibration dampening puck
on it.

RE:  MK II front plate mount

Attached my front plate flush with lower airdam using small "popsicle"
like aluminum extensions to mount to stock airdam mtg bolts.  But here in
Ohio we get to keep same plate despite paying like $43 registration.  And
the plate is steel, so it looks ratty after a some years, but its not as
visible.

HTH.

-- Brian D./OH
How can you be in two places at once when you're not anywhere at all...
Firesign Theatre