RE: #vwscirocco

> I have been on irc since humm let see, the opening of datapac
> to the public
> (yeah the internet is that old people) in 1979, so I don't
> take offence to
> anything on IRC (GRIN)

While I applaud you for being on so long (I've been on the internet, and
it's predecessors such as ARPAnet, since 1983), I have one small problem
with the above statement.

IRC did not exist in 1979.  There were some other things, BITnet relay for
instance, but that didn't get it's start until late 1984, and early 1985.
BITnet relay chat also looked nothing like irc in it's current guise looks.
BBS's and such filled in the chat need before that.

Ahh history, how I love it so.  :-)

Cheers!
-Pat