Re: soggy rocco

"Justin Tomlinson" <unklebob@fatchicksinpartyhats.com> wrote:
Okay......so it rained today. I left my 'rocco at my house, not aware that it
would rain, and went into Ybor City to play some Dance Dance Revolution....the
sunroof was open, along with the windows...came home, screamed....the
carpeting is soaked....standing water....damn it rained a lot.
anything i should do to help make sure all the water goes away so i don't end
up rusting stuff?

Justin
88 16v Scirocco "Einstuerzende Neubauten Edition"

If it were mine, I'd be renting the steam cleaning equipment and yanking out
the wet interior  (wet carpet is no picnic - it reeks) and you can throw out
that (is it lead?) heavy underpad they put in and replace it with something
lighter. Then leave the interior out until it is good and dry. Should make the
car smell better and maybe even make it faster??? (always looking to improve
power to weight ratio, and wet underpad is not cool on many, many levels) That
way you can be sure about what rust is there, get it cleaned up (hate to say
it, there could be rust) and you will know everything is dry. Hope the sunroof
liner is okay, not sure what to do if it is water damaged, it may go saggy.
Can you tell I finished work yesterday, and have too much time on my hands?
Mine may just get this treatment this week if I get it back from the paint
shop sometime this year...

Cathy B (waiting impatiently for the silver/blue pearl beast to be freed from
the body shop...)

PS - BTW, that sucks, sorry your car got drenched.