Scirocco, the game; misc ramblings

Okay, I know some of you guys like this "all things scirocco" stuff so I
decided to post this:

http://www.zillions-of-games.com/games/scirocco.html

It's a chess variant called Scirocco. I don't play much chess but I figure
some of you might like it. And it's free.

On another note, thanks to all the guys who sent me mail about my a-arm
bolt trouble. What I ended up doing was using a scizzor jack to jack up
the car about 6 inches on the rear motor mount bracket. After that I used
a c-clamp between the a-arm and the little 'tab' protrusion on the frame
near the "cup" that the front a-arm bushing fits in to to push the a-arm
in to the frame. With that in place, I could "feel" around the bolt hole
with a long, skinny punch and discovered that the holes were lined up.

This had happened before about 10 times so I wasn't expecting it to work
this time.. just about then it started to rain - hard. I was so pissed off
that it wasn't working that I stuck the bolt in the hole and tapped it

pretty hard about 10 times with the 1/2" drive ratchet handle I was using,
then pushed on the socket with my left hand as hard as I could and very
slowly turned the handle with my right hand. It felt different than before
because there was pretty uniform resistance rather than going
hard-easy-hard-hard-easy-hard-hard like it had been doing earlier. I kept
turning it and pretty soon I was sure it was going in. It was! I torqued
everything down and 10 minutes later I was taking it for a test drive.

First impressions (well, first 60 seconds anyway) - the car feels
different. It feels like I'm driving a big boat, almost. It doesn't lean
at all. In fact it leans so little that my brain almost makes it feel like
its leaning away from the turn. I wasn't too in to this until I got up to
speed and to a nice hairpin turn near my house. Holy crap! I took the turn
at about 40 mph and the tires didn't even begin to feel like they were
sliding. The car didn't lean at all either (previously it just leaned a
little). Wow.. now I can see what I've been missing without the lower bar
(even though I've got the upper bar already).

Anywho.. thanks to all that replied.

I'm gonna go take a look at my distributor in a few minutes .. Chris
Delong informed me that there are two pairs of mounting holes and I must
just have the distributor mounted in the wrong pair.. I don't think that
would have affected how my car is running, but its good to have it mounted
right at least. Hopefully moving it will allow my intake boot to stop
trying to rub through my expensive eurosport spark plug wires, too. I
cleananced the fuck out of that thing.. I must have taken a fistful of
rubber off of it and it still touches the wires. Grrr. Anyway..

Thanks everyone who replied!

-Toby

--
'87 16v