OT: Dome/Trunk Light or not so OT...

ok, im sorry this message has a connection to a *gasp* Japanese car, but
bear with me.  My mom's toyota corolla was thoughtfully not equiped with
a trunk light (or even knobs to adjust the mirrors from inside).  I was
just wondering if any of you know of some dome/map light type thing that
is powered by its own battery that i can stick in the trunk?  There doesnt
seem to be a hot lead anywhere near the trunk that i could use...though
i havent looked too hard.  Of course i rubbed it in her face that my 15
year old car had power mirrors AND a trunklight.  Of course i stopped that
when all my interior lighting died (fuse probably).  Ok, so this isnt OT
anymore...what fuse controls the interior lighting in the scirocco?

koabi brooks
lets see, what cars can i list off

86 16v (one day to have a 2.0)
87 16v (a transmission short of being ok)
70 Bug