Re: normal timing for a 16v

If it's like the 8v, you can just pull the distributor out and turn the
rotor a notch (so that it will fit into the next tooth on the actuating
worm gear), put it back in and you'll be in the middle of the adjustment
range again. I did this recently on my bunny because I had the same
problem.
	-Josiah

On Wed, 27 Jun 2001, T. Reed wrote:

> Here's a question that has been bugging me for a while and I've always
> forgotten by the time I get inside to the computer.. I just thought of it
> now so I'm gonna post it so I don't forget..
>
> Whenever I set or check my timing, the distributor always has to be turned
> _all the way_ to one direction (can't remember if it's CW or CCW) to get
> the stock timing according to the flywheel hole. That's always bugged me
> and caused me to suspect that maybe my distributor is 180 degrees off or
> something is afoul.. basically what I want to know is .. is this normal?
>
> I just want someone who has a 16v that's running right to confirm that
> their distributor is cranked all the way or damn close to all the way to
> one direction. It always felt to me like it should be closer to the middle
> to allow for a range of adjustment..
>
> I checked on my friend's 16v gti and its pretty much the same as mine but
> I'm still not convinced since his car doesn't run right either..
>
> Anyone?
>
> -Toby
>
> --
> '87 16v