a similar thread....

i know there was the thing recently about running hot and i know
i didn't take much notice but i also know i am regretting it right now.
Last night one of the water hoses feeding the carb cold start on my 92 GTII
blew throwing nice brown boilg water all over my engine...
i replaced the dead hose and top up the water while the engine was running..
but now it keeps running much hotter than before.
it's not too serious it never gets above half way ( the fan kicks in)
but its enough to piss me off... I assumed there was an airlock
but the bottom  hose and the radiator are both hot when the car has been run for a few
minutes.
Is it possible the thermostat?

cheers
Matt