Re: another key question

"Foxx (in a box)" wrote:

>   it would be easy enough to buy a new ignition switch and rekey all
> your doors and what-not to that. i've offered to do that other times and
> would've done it at cincy for people if it weren't for the rain.
>
> --

I am exuberant but am also in need of some replacement parts in the
key/handle/lock area. Spread out over a number of cars are broken parts,
worn parts, etc.

(A2 GTI has a broken key stub in the Ign. Needs to be rekeyed to avoid
that key shape in the future. Other A2 Jetta has missing keys and I can
use another car but the rekeying will be needed. etc., etc.  Some of the
cars have pry damage from intrusions, or just old age wear and tear.)

I will still need to do some re-keying as well before the musical chairs
are done however because I will be consolidating the left over parts to
back fill those that didn't get a new part.

Doesn't make much sense the way I told it but I'm not just buying new
and throwing out usable stuff.

TBerk