Camber / castor plates.. anyone used 'em

I was reading in Per Scheroder's book about camber/castor
plates that replace stock strut mounts.  He mentions that
you can run less static camber if you rotate the camber
plates 90 degrees and use them to increase the castor.  so
when the wheel turns you generate more camber when turning
and you have less camber when running straight, this he
claims increases straight line stability at speed.  makes
sence to me...  However I also read that when you increase
castor the steering effort goes up (apparently this is why
race cars have power steering).  So my question is... Has
anyone done this if so was it worth it.

ps. this setup wouldn't be going on my daily driver...

thanks..

=====
Jason Adams
Fahrvergnugen Forever :) Oo=w=oO
84 rocco 16v
84 rocco turbo (project stage)
98 chevy Z71 (cause everyone needs a truck!)
...I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter...