Re: How to Keep the Tourque Low in the Power Band

MuHAahahahahahahah!

Thx Scott, got me to thinkin:

"Scott F. Williams" wrote:

> -smart! Horsepower gets the mack daddy points with the chicks. Torque wins
> on the street.

This is good because I already have the chick. :)

> > Larger exhaust (w/ lower back pressure), porting and polishing the head
> > and intake, all these seem to have trade offs I could live without.
>
> You'll be fine with a 2.0" Techtonics exhaust. A *properly* ported head with
> stock-sized valves will certainly boost your grunt as well as high-rpm
> power.

I have been thinking to keep things all stealthy I would run 2.25" cat
back plus a catylitic (I'm in California after all) and a front
resonator.

> IIRC, you can also install valves from a crossflow head and make some
> minor gains. The stem diameter is a mm or two slimmer or something. However,
> some machine work might be needed -making it a low gain/dollar modification.
> I forget the exact details.

Hmmmm, well the valve guides wil be replaced anyway, I'll check int
this. But. but, but arent the cross flow heads hydros?

> > So, rather than making a sewing machine out of my tractor, how
> > can I keep it low but still flow?

 early 4/2 iron manifold - Got one, w/ O2 sensor installed.
 Techtonics 2/1 downpipe (long non-cat version for most torque) - Hmmm,
need a Cat.
 2.0" Techtonics exhaust (there is nothing better than TT) - Hmmm, might
be 2.25", 2.0" prob enough.
 knock sensor ignition (running Audi/1986 GTI map) - Hey! I _have_ an 86
GTI I'm parting out. (Thx Mark)
 full-throttle fuel enrichment circuit (from Rabbit GTI, etc.) - Hey! I
have the Rabbit GTI throttle and loom around here somewhere.
 G-grind camshaft - Well, might be able to find an N grind cheap. But
New is Good.
 Audi/A2/etc. throttle body on ported intake manifold plenum - Hey!, See
KS line.
 ported intake manifold runners - Thinking of installing the Fox intake
with 5th injector installed on the end.
 4.25 ring & pinion!!!!* - Hmmmmmm. I'l consider my options here; I have
the A2 GTI trans to work with.

> *do this and you'll be able to run a ferocious cam and still lay stripes
> down the block
> --
> Scott F. Williams

Mr. Scott sir, Pls let me know when you are on the West Coast.

TBerk