Re: batteries in the car etc...

There is no way that I can think of that would let you
do that and both draw from and charge each
simultaneously.  I reckon you're better off with
switches on the + side of each battery...you can get
nice screw-type disconnects at Pep Boys, etc.

Ron
--- Julie Macfarlane <juliemac57@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Like to keep them seperate for diagnosis if
> possible. That way I can measure
> both batt volts...
>
> >From: Brian McGarvey
> <brianm@zbt62.eastnet.gatech.edu>
> >To: Julie Macfarlane <juliemac57@hotmail.com>
> >CC: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
> >Subject: Re: batteries in the car etc...
> >Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 21:39:30 -0400 (EDT)
> >
> >Julie just hook em up in parallel...(+ --> +), (-
> --> -)
> >that way the alt will charge em both up and you'll
> have a rock solid 12v.
> >

> >On Tue, 19 Jun 2001, Julie Macfarlane wrote:
> >
> > > How would I connect an extra battery to my car.
> I would mount it in the
> > > trunk, but wonder about diodes etc...
> > > Any help appreciated..
> > >

> > > Julie (Nerd extrodinare)

> the message to
> >majordomo@scirocco.org

=====
Ron (Cheapass)
'87 16V, ("Victor"), '93 Cabby ("Teufelhasen")
ICQ 108845455

"One....two....one...two...three..."
-Lynyrd Skynyrd