11+ hour downpipe replacement

Just to share my joy....
Yesterday was HELL.  BU came over to get me to replace
his original downpipe(cat knocked out) with a new TT
one with the BIG Cat. The shield wouldn't come off.
Two of the studs broke off in the exhaust manifold.
Bu had accidentally almost destroyed his cat-back
center pipe by cranking down on it without the old
downpipe being far enough INTO the center pipe (so the
new downpipe wouldn't go in more than 1/4 inch.)  I
had to take the exhaust manifold off, obviously, and
one of the broken studs had to be drilled out.  I then
had to make the center pipe wider than the downpipe.
FUN.
Finished up at 10:30pm.
CONCLUSION:  The TT downpipe made his car run BETTER
and Bu says that on his favorite ONramp he had to
actually hit the brakes because he was going tooo
fast.... this is the same place where he usually
struggles to hit 100mph.  He likes onramps.  :-)
So, as soon as I can, I'm getting a TT downpipe.

=====
Dan May - Greensboro NC
1987 16V Scirocco
1979 Scirocco - Needs wetsanded... but that's the easy part.
1997 Tacoma 4x4 V6 Xtracab VWHAULER
http://members.aol.com/scirocco87
"I love it when a plan comes together" - Hannibal Smith