Re: aluminum door panels

  When I was an air-cooled driver, HotVW's magazine seemed to have one car
per issue with these on the door and, umm, those panels by the back seat.
Just about any sort of combination of door handles, armrests, window cranks,
speakers, or none at all. Painted, polished, bare, louvered (what was that
about noise?).  Creativity was the key to it, there might have been a company
that made sets of blank "ready to customize" aluminium panels. I always
thought they were a neat touch to a custom Bug. I've thought about the idea
myself and may do it if I can't find a decent set of door panels for my
'rocc.

Carl (throws another  $.02 in the can)
77rocco
89fox