to all who know and have experienced a faulty thermotime switch

When i did the test on my thermotime switch, the test light flashed several times.  Now, im not sure, but is tehre a chance that if my thermotime switch is faulty, and if it works intermittently as the test showed, could it be telling the CSV to spray say at, oh 3500 rpm?.  could that extra enrichment be causing low power below 3000 rpm?  it makes sense to me.  Just trying to save a little money, considering the thermotime switch is 60 some dollars and the CSV is 170-200 dollars.  Let me know if im making sense.

Dan Miller