Re: to all 16v listers!!

On the subject of cam timing, could the effect of being off a tooth be
subtle enough that power is OK up to 4K but tails off after 5K - symptom:
won't go over 5.5K in 5th gear ( close ratio box, 4K = 80mph). Have always
assumed that there's a fuelling problem but am open to suggestions. BTW,
engine is 2.0 8v, more or less same as audi 3A, CIS, no knock sensors.

TIA,
Ewan Hopkins