Re: [tech] Intermediate shaft removal

Shawn replied:

Did you tremove the 2 13mm bolts behind the timming gear? Access thru the
gear itself.	Shawn Méze

	Yes, I did.  They fasten an oval shaped cover with straight sides or a
diamond with rounded edges, right?  As far as I can tell, the intermediate
shaft is now only being held in by the two bearings.  It's tight enough that
I can't rotate it by hand but with a 19mm wrench, it turns firmly but
viscously.  In other words, there's no slop side to side nor in and out.
Actually, sounds like it's in good shape and would rather not have to take
it out but I don't want crud or water to get into the bearings while the
block is getting cleaned/measured/bored/honed.  Do the bearings have to be
pressed out to remove the shaft?  What should I do?  benton----