1.8 vs 2.0L 16v head?

Could someone please enlighten me about the differences between a 1.8 and
2.0L 16v head on a 2.0L 16v block.

I'm kinda new to 16v (never even driven one) but I'm building an engine and
I'm not sure which head to use.  right now I have a 2L 16v whole engine, but
I think I can pick up a 1.8 16v engine pretty cheap.  I've heard people like
to use the 1.8 head, but I don't know the advantages.

If I was to use the 1.8 head and 2L block, what would the 2L head with 1.8
block be like for use in another car?

Also, does anyone have a spare scirocco 16v intake manifold?

Casey
84 Roc
and looking to buy an early rabbit/scirocco/pickup for the 16v to go into.