r-12 to r134a

Another installment in my diary of A/C swap... I was told by the local
stealership that I need to replace the valves in the car... apparntly there
are two general types...
also if there is an oil that can be put into the system that's freindly with
the old r-12 oil... what is it... I was told of one called Ester? Can
Advanced or napa get it for me? I know there are a lot of these newer oils
coming out now that these conversions are becoming very popular.
My local Advanced Auto guy 'Dan' told me that I would have to drain the oil
out of the compressor, and put the same ammount back in... I havn't even
checked the Bentley for the specs on that one yet... I will today...
TIA for any help
chris