Re: Tired of stiff clutch

Check your pedal assy. Have a buddy push the clutch in while you look at the
cable where it goes into the firewall. If the bracket that holds the cable
flexes with pedal pressure then you need a new pedal assy. These are a PITA
to replace and will cause a stiff pedal as it doesnt allow the cable to
travel directly through the tube. It will be rubbing endlessly until the
whole thing snaps and then you get to learn how to drive without a clutch.
fun stuff!!

>I really want to find out why my clutch pedal is so high effort.  I thought
>replacing the clutch and cable (which I did) would solve the problem but it
>didn't.  What should I look at?  I was thinking of popping the metal cover
>off the end of the trans and looking at the pushrod and throw-out bearing,
>and the actuating lever.  What should I look for?  Anything else I'm
>missing?
>
>David Zanotti
>

>--

Chris DeLong