Re: Parting is such sweet sorrow

At 6:14 AM -0700 6/7/01, JOHNSON MARK MSGT wrote:
>Can anyone give me tips about parting out a car?  Pitfalls, scams and things
>to avoid?  I'm toying with the idea of parting out my '85 Cabriolet.  I have
>been subscribed to this list for about a week and I have gained several tips
>already.  You guys know so much about VWs it's not funny.  Thanks.
>
>Mark P. Johnson

Couple a Questions-

- Why part it? Body damage?

- What color is it in & out?

- Does it run?

You can see if people you trust want 1st crack at the goodies but you
will prob get down to the last and find out you still have stuff no
one is bothering to take off your hands. That and what will you do
with a stripped shell, once it's been picked over? Give it away for
the guy who can drag it away?

Dont really know how you would get scammed, other than the normal
buyer/seller beware of everyday life.

TBerk