Re: gas tanks...

Shy of cutting out the rear floor pan from an 84.5 and up and welding it
into your early 84, this would be impossible.  The large tank will not fit
the old floor pan.

On Tue, 5 Jun 2001, RoccotMan .aka Jason Adams wrote:

> Here's the deal, the car i'm woring on is an 84 with a full
> size spare, this gas tank was all dented and rusted, so now
> it's at the scrap yard... I have a perfectly good tank from
> an 87 that had a space-saver spare.  How difficult will it
> be to mount the 87's gas tank on the 84???  WHat I had
> planned on doing was cut out the depression where the spare
> tire was and weld in a new floor (just a flat piece of
> metal) and bolt the tank to that in the rear... Has anyone
> got a better idea?
>

> thanks..
>

> =====
> Jason Adams
> Fahrvergnugen Forever :) Oo=w=oO
> 84 rocco 16v
> 84 rocco turbo (project stage)
> 98 chevy Z71 (cause everyone needs a truck!)
> ...I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter...

Drew MacPherson, Network Analyst, University of Guelph

drew@dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca           |  visit the Massey-Harris page:
http://dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca/~drew   |  http://m-h.cs.uoguelph.ca