Hot start - revisited (HELP!!!)

I'm at my wit's end.  My '80 doesn't start well when it's
hot.

Review:
Car starts ok cold, idles a bit low.  Idles perfect when
warm. (I figure the aux. air regulator isn't working.)
Tube from the EGR valve to the exhaust manifold is not
connected.  Neither of these should have an effect on my
problem, or so I think.

When the car is shut down (warm) and allowed to sit for
more than 15 minutes or so, the car cranks, fires, dies
immediately.  Trying again, it will crank for a good 20-30
seconds before it will sputter, running on two, three, then
all four cylinders - like it's flooded.

I've been through the Bentley.  In order it sez:

1. Cold start valve leaking or operating continuously.
I've replaced it, twice, no change.  Also tried
disconnecting the thermo-time switch in case it was giving
a false signal for the valve to run.

2.  Control pressure regulator faulty.  I've replaced this
one, no change.  Also moved it away from the block to check
for possible heat soak.  Nope.

3.  Wiring or pump relay faulty.  What wiring I wonder?  I
don't have an extra (good) fuel pump relay, but it does
click, seems to be operating fine.

4.  Fuel leaks in the system.  I've not been able to find
any.

5.  Hot-start pulse relay faulty (where applicable).  Mine
doesn't have one.

Other things I've done:  Replaced fuel pressure
accumulator, replaced fuel pump and it's check valve,
replaced fuel injectors, electrical tested coil.

I do not have any way to test fuel pressure, but will be
having that done in the morning.

Does ANYONE have ANY suggestions I might be able to try
this evening before I go totally insane?

TIA!

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'80 Scirocco S,                Parting out:
'82 Pickup                     '80 Scirocco
'85 Scirocco 8v                '85 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco 16v               '87 Scirocco 8v
'91 Passat
"I am who I am. What else could I be?" - Lara Fabian