Re: transmission drain plug dilemma

In a message dated 6/3/2001 7:18:14 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
cm_scirocco@hotmail.com writes:

<< Along the same notes as before: I'm now convinced, after another hour
 underneath the car, that my fill plug is too large for the 17mm hex bit. >>

are you sure you are attempting to open the correct plug.  Just to make sure,
the tranny refill plug is on the side of the tranny next to the green VW cap
accessed by turning the cars wheels all the way to the left.

The plug that is on the top of the tranny is the timing hole plug, never put
gear oil in this.

Brian 86 Rocco 16v
and 98 Jetta GLX Vr6

<http://www.geocities.com/vwrocco16v/>