Source for Part Numbers, Wiring diagrams etc

If you have not found it already there is a partial version of E*T*K*A ,
seems to apply to a 1990 Passat, thanks to our comrades in Russia. It is a
bit of a mish-mash (sorry for the technical term), but seems to have some
technical procedures, wiring diagrams, etc.
NOTE: The 1990 Passat parts diagrams, numbers info opens in
Acrobat.  Unless you zoom in (via the buttons on the bottom of the screen,
the top tow of Acrobat buttons did show for me [Netscape]) the part numbers
just look like horizontal black lines.  There seem to be a lot of useful
information there, just not for all years/models.  The wiring diagrams seem
to cover a fairly wide variety of models and years.

http://www.volkswagen.msk.ru/

or if you want to jump right into the parts catalog

http://volkswagen.msk.ru/vw_14.htm

See: http://volkswagen.msk.ru/clutch/golf2/golf2_clutch.htm  which has
color pictures (not real sharp) of  step by step Golf II clutch replacement.

Nice set of links to OEM and other suppliers.
http://volkswagen.msk.ru/buy/parts.htm

Not all Acrobat docs open properly. (Error message: a font has bad CMap
/Encoding) Maybe someone knows a font that will work. Ruski Bold?

Some parts are in English, some in Russian.  You may have to figure out
what a kommytatop is.  Now I know what a kommy is but tatop escapes me.