just contemplating...

ok, fairly soon i'm going to be buying my project scirocco.  I've just been
contemplating what i should do with it.  i have a 2.0 block, but i dont
know whether to keep the existing engine wiring harness or to go to CIS-E
to motronic.  The doner vehicle had a fire, so the motronic harness was
burnt up.  I have at least one good proper ECU for the conversion (i've
another, but it coulda been damaged in the fire).  I think the idle stabilizer
valves are different too (if so, i have two of those too).  What are the
benefits/downsides and how extensive?  dunno if this would affect anyones
opinion, but the motor supposedly has schrick 268s (not that i would trust
what the guy told me...the alleged H&R springs are CUT hors).

koabi