Re: How to make a 16v Start like a new car

Dan Kraus wrote:

> How can I make my 16v Start like a new car?
>
>     Lately, my 16v has been taking forever to start. How can I make it start
> up right away? It took me like 3mins to get my car going this morrning.
> Crank crank crank but no fire. ------ My car is running VERY good dispite
> the starting problem.
>
> Thanks,
> Dan Kraus :-)

- Replace the Ground Strap and Hot side cables that attach to the
battery posts.
- Grease the connections with silicon spray or petroleum jelly.
- Loosen the starter and reseat it to get a good starter to block
continuity. (Opt.)
- Add a ground wire from the CASE of the Alt to the block.

Might try a Diesel starter and of course there is the larger battery
with more cranking power.

TBerk