Re: Scirocco Turbo ad.. Good/bad?

It would be a direct bolt-on, to a turbo exhaust manifold.  I'm guessing
the one from the Audi 5000 has one too many exhaust ports for a Scirocco
application.

You'd have to find an exhaust manifold from somewhere that would a) mate
up to the KKK turbo and b) allow for installation of the turbo without
interfering with the intake manifold etc. etc.

Buying the turbo is a step in the right direction, but it's a long road.
I have drawers filled with Garret and KKK turbochargers, drawers of intake
and exhaust manifolds, but I'm a long way from building a turbocharged
gas-powered application (although I have given it some serious thought.)

Now diesel- pull up a chair and let's talk.

Drew (84 Wolfsburg Edition Turbo Diesel Scirocco, 12psi wastegate, 60mpg)

On Mon, 30 Jul 2001, Dan Kraus wrote:

> Would this be a direct bolt on? Ad is located on scirocco.org.
>
> TURBO! TURBO! TURBO! for all you scirocco heads looking for speed I've got a
> KKK turbo and matching external wastegate from an Audi 5000. Turbo is in
> great shape, shaft has no wobble, no rust, an oil and water cooled unit.
> Wastegate is preset from factory for 8lbs. of boost, but can be adjusted for
> higher levels. A steal at $300 for both.

Drew MacPherson, Network Analyst, University of Guelph

drew@dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca           |  visit the Massey-Harris page:
http://dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca/~drew   |  http://m-h.cs.uoguelph.ca