Re: How to get new feel in pedals, in mk1?

At 7:45 PM -0700 7/29/01, chris wrote:
>Been trying to figure out how to get the soft smooth feel from newer
>cars clutch/accelerator, into my 77 rocco?
>anyone have any ideas?
>thanks
>chris

When you say, "newer," what do you mean?  I did a new
clutch/cable/short shift kit/tranny rebuild/bushing replacement in my
car, and it feels great.

Probably the best things you can do are a new set of shift linkage
bushings and a new cable.

Now, depending on what you mean by "newer," the newer cars have
cable-shifted trannies.  My Passat GLX does (02A tranny, I believe).
That has a very different feel than the A1's.  ANd that is quite a
bit of work to swap in, if it's possible.

| Jim Jarrett,Rochester NY      '93 Passat GLX, '84 Scirocco    |
| mailto:jarrett@rpa.net         '81 Rabbit Convertible 16v     |