Favorite 14" tires that are good in rain?

I need  a new set of tires for my 16v car, and I'm going to either have them mounted on my 15" Fittipaldi Monolithics, or just mount them on the standard tear drops since pothole damage is inevitable. Who is using what on their car? I live in maryland, and it rains often and heavy so good wet characteristics is a must. I have heard the Kumho Ecsta 712 and Pirelli P6000's are ok. What do you guys think?
	-Gary Huff