Re: Another accident, another question

Brad Sayer wrote:

> Another insurance question.
>
> If the repairs are too expensive, and they decide to total the car, what
> happens?  I get the money for the value of the car, but what happens to the
> car?  Can I keep it, even if only for parts?  Or does it get hauled off
> somewhere?
>
> Thanks,
> Brad

1. I bent a Fox while killing a Honda one night. (Over beers I will
retell the Chocolate Cake story.)

2. I was told to 'take it anywhere to get it fixed you want..' by the
insurance company.

3. I took it to a really good shop and they said "$7k please... "<Ka-Ching!>

4. The car was written off (I had no idea what a salvage title was then.

5. I told the Insurance company "I'm keeping the car...", they said
'Whatever, we'll keep $500 of the settlement in return...".

6. I resold the car to a guy for $2K, he said he was going to fix it and
give it to a kid of his.

7. Car had 10k on the ODO when it got bent.

Currently I am driving around in a salvage titled Jetta GLI. This way if
the marauding SUV finds me I have less of a loss than my Roc as daily driver.

TBerk