Re: Muffler Found!!

On Tue, 24 Jul 2001 20:05:18 -0700 "Dave Ewing" <rabbit16v@prodigy.net>
writes:
> I've been keeping my eye out for a muffler that would fit but I was a
> little wrong on the description of the car it came from though.  It
> actually came from a 95 or 96 Saab 9000 Turbo.  I had it mounted
correctly today
> and MAN WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!!  Nice a quiet at idle and VERY throaty on

> accel.
> Exactly how I wanted it but didn't know what I would have to do to
> get it (maybe big money??).  Ended up costing me $65 to fab it to my
> exhaust without cutting the TT piping or welding to it and the muffler
was
> free.
> Hopefully this will help some of you out there with the Dynocrap
> muffler on your system.  You CAN have that sound you want without
spending $300
> on a Borla!!
>
> Dave

Is this the oval Saab 9000 muffler that has a slip flange on it, and the
piping is flanged for it?

I have the euro version of that muffler, my father brought over a gray
market Saab 9000,
and he had to change the exhaust to comply with the EPA.

Peter - http://thescirocco.com - Discount Techtonics Dealer -
Bear, Delaware

 '79 Scirocco 16V "Retro"
'83 GTI "Caged Rabbit"
'84.5 Scirocco "Oddball"
'84 GTI
SciRollers: '79 White Champagne Edition, '84 Black, '88 Red