Re: 1-Owner Mk1 FS CHEAP in OK (long)

I worked for a guy in '77 that raced a Champagne Edition and it was a
silver color with red plaid interior.  I always thought the silver color
was to represent the color of  champagne.  There were no graphics.  I never
saw one in other colors, but then I didn't go looking either.

Chris

(The car was part of a 2 car team w/ identical brand new Champagne
Editions.  Bilstein sponsored an SCCA series for, basically stock,
Sciroccos. Went to first race, qualified 1 & 2.  On the first lap neither
of the two "teammates" would yield on a long sweeper.  They came
together.  One spun around backwards and got to see the whole field coming
at him.  The other rolled and crashed into a barrier.  End of season for
that car.  Probably had less than 200 miles on it.  [Should I pass out the
hankies now so you can dry those tears, or wait until later?]  As the crew,
we were hanging over the pit wall to see which one of our team members was
going to lead the first lap - being totally unaware of what had
happened.  We must have had  very funny looks on our faces as we saw the
field go by  - with neither of our cars anywhere around.