Scirocco Saved (87 16v -no sunroof,cls,pw)

Today while read the ads my wife found an 87 16v for $600, I said lets go
look. We did and now I have a project for for the garage, it turns over put
has no sparks, hall sender is getting power, coil has power, ignition
control module has power and when you ground position 12 on the knock
control unit the coil shoots a nice bule spark. So I'm thiking it is the
hall sender, which the mount is broken off the side of the distributor. I
pull the cap and much to my none surprise I find the inside cover in oil.

No wonder no spark the hall sender wire is rubbed and it soaked in oil. Is
Pottermans the best place for a new distributor?

Or is there somewhere else $175 is a little pricey (new), I found a reman
for $169 not much difference. I am leaning towards new. As always the input
is needed and appreciated.

TIA
Brian
88 16v