Re: whats a better muffler?

I have the 16v manifold with the TT racing downpipe and cat back system on
my car (non car, downpipe takes the place of the cat) so it is a straight
through system to the muffler.  I am having problems with my muffler too.
It isn't the Borla that TT has but the Dynomax (my third) and it sucks.  I
have heard of someone putting the stock 16v scirocco muffler on this system
with great results (stainless and all).  I work at a German Auto repair shop
and got a hold of a Saab 900 turbo muffler which is stainless and I will
try.  My friend and I have tried many aftermarket mufflers to no avail so
now I get to try some factory possibilities.  I will let you all know what
it sounds like.

Dave

P.S.  If you are wanting to try this also (using stock mufflers) then try to
use the original muffler that came off of the car not an aftermarket
replacement.  Most factory systems (especially german) are stainless and
last a lot longer than aftermarket replacements and are usually not bad when
they are changed out for something else.  I got this muffler because on one
small hole in the pipe and we don't midasize the car we replace the assy
since that is the only way we get them and the best way to replace exhaust.