Re: Scirocco contents - clunking suspension

> >But anyway - Scirocco content
> >
> >I finally sorted my brakes or more to the point
> stopped the fluid leak with
> >a new wheel cylinder. And i finally replaced that
> sheared brake disc screw.
> >
> >So to test thats all well i hammered i down the
> country lanes round my way
> >and did about 6-8 emergency stops from 70-80 mph.
> She stopped just fine
> >with a touch of lock from my rear rightside just as
> i stopped.
> >
> >The best bit was the clouds of smoke from the
> residual leaked brake fluid
> >which disapated after about the 5th attempt.
> >
> >I also replaced the left front wheel bearings which
> has helped the
> >feel/handling.
> >
> >Still getting a hollow clunk from that side though
> - Damned if i know the
> >cause.
> >So far i've changed
> >
> >Wishbone - damaged in accident
> >Wishbone bushes
> >Tie rod end and balljoint
> >Steering rack gaitor
> >Wheel bearings
> >Top mounts
> >A goodly proportion of the bolts
> >I have a new shock (Koni - warranty) on the way as
> mine is weeping a little
> >Full alignment (4 wheel)
> >Brake pads
> >Brake pad retianing metal clips
> >
> >It happens only on poor surfaces (most of our roads
> over here)
> >
> >Any ideas?

How are the struts and/or upper strut bearing?

=====
Mark Peele
1982 Scirocco, 1981 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
For Sale: Various VW 13" Steel Wheels - free - you haul.
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)