Re: Another Euro Lights Question

-- L Crawford <vw_lcrawfo@yahoo.ca> wrote:
> Hey Folks,
>
> First: Thanks to everyone for helping me get started
> on the work for my car :-)
> Hats off to Patrick Bureau and his Tech Page :-)
>
> Whats the difference b/w US Eurolights and European
> Eurolights?  Just the bulbs?  Do they look the same
> asthetically?
>
> Lee
> 84' 8v Silver Scirocco

1st, there are different lights on different "euro"
mk2 models. On base mk2 Sciroccos (Scirocco L), there
are only the two outside "big" lights.

Some of the mid range models came with headlights that
look like U.S. lights, but instead of sealed beam
lights they are H4 and H3 bulbs.

The top line models came with what U.S. listers
usually call "Euro" lights with the larger hi/low
outer lights and smaller inner driving lights (also
H4/H3).

Look at the mk2 Sciroccos on the photo pages at
Scirocco.org or on Dirk's page (you can get to his
from my link below).

HTH

=====
Mark Peele
1982 Scirocco, 1981 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
For Sale: Various VW 13" Steel Wheels - free - you haul.
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)