1972 Harley Davidson Rapido
http://members.aol.com/scirocco87
"I love it when a plan comes together" - Hannibal Smith

---------------------- Forwarded by Dan W May on 07/19/2001 09:06 AM
---------------------------

From: "David Butry/SRS/USDAFS" <dbutry@fs.fed.us> on 07/19/2001 08:50 AM AST

To:   Dan W May@AMEX
cc:
Subject:  Re: WHOAH!!!!!

I was driving on highway 54 toward Chapel Hill last night, I had to pick up
Char from school, and smelled a bad smell--either rubber, brakes, or
clutch.  Upon slowing up for a light, I noticed a construction truck
carrying tar.  They were stopped at the light (in the middle lane, I was
approaching on the right) and some guy ran out from the side of the road
and jumped onto the side of the truck--much like garbage men do. I noticed
lots of smoke billowing out of the back of the truck.  When they started
forward they cut me off, as I hadn't quite caught up to the intersection
yet, the guy on the side of the truck yelled something at me.  Of course
the act of using a turn signal or hazards was beyond their capabilities, so
I drop it to second and waited for my opportunity to blow it around these
idiots.  I slowed up so I was way behind them, then I noticed the back
right tire of the truck was on fire!  The whole tire hadn't yet caught,
'cause I could see the fire go round and round, but it was getting worse
every rotation--big fire.  The brillant truck operator then passed up two
parking lot entrances, a store and an apartment complex, and chose the
third--a gas station!  It was at this point I decided it was prudent to
invoke--scirocco power.

I haven't heard about any gas stations blowing up, but I haven't checked
the news yet.

David T. Butry
Economist
USDA Forest Service