Almost Stalling at Idle.....Sometimes

I have a Scirocco 16v with CIS-E injection. About two weeks ago my car
started almost stalling at idle. It doesn't do it everytime I idle though.
Usually when the car is hot, like sometimes when I stop at a red light. I'll
stop and it will idle for a few seconds and then drop almost until the car
stalls and then goes back to normal idle. One time it did actually stall on
me. What could the problem be? The car never really idled perfect, but it
never almost stalled either.

Justin
'86 Scirocco 16v 2.0L