Re: Koni struts, swap from '81 S to '88 16v?

Sure, they'll swap BUT you'll find the springs will
probably be compressed a little far for your liking.
I fixed this my making up some risers that fit between
the spring and the strut housing perch; they provided
3/4" lift and stopped the bottoming out.

Ron