2001 Bug Nationals at SIR

I just got back from the 2001 Bug Nationals at the Seattle International
Raceway and it was cool! Quite a bit more watercooled stuff than I
expected (I was only hoping to see Bugs running 10's and 11's). If
anyone on the list went - what was in that black 16v Scirocco that ran
13.6 ? It musta had at least a 2 liter because it was downright quick!
I saw Lisa Lutman's (?) roc and I think I recognized that name from the
list somewhere... I saw about 5 or 6 other roccos there, too. Plus I got
some cool light blue VW coveralls for $15. Sweet!

On a side note, looks like sometime in the next day or two I'll have
access to a welder to weld my muffler hangers on with (my superturbo
finally came in the mail).. anyone have any tips on doing this? (i.e.
lining everything up)

Thanks,

-Toby

--